IFMA offers many ways for you to learn! The Certified Facility Manager (CFM) designation is available to members, as well as the Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation. In order to prepare for the CFM exam, the St. Louis Chapter holds monthly study group sessions, focusing on the various modules. For more information, contact Joe Volstromer, CFM, Education Credential Chair at Joe.Volstromer@gmail.com.
In addition, the St. Louis Chapter provides financial support to members that sit for the various exams. Joe Volstromer can discuss this benefit with members as well.
CFM Study Groups Offered
- Certified Facility Manager Certification -
To accomplish its vision of universally representing facility management as a profession, IFMA is proud to offer the first certification program designed specifically to recognize competent facility professionals. Certification is structured to tap into the experience and educational backgrounds of facility managers and test for professional competence. It is the backbone of the profession’s integrity and international recognition.
Since the program began in 1992, approximately 3,500 facility professionals around the world have achieved certification. By earning the CFM designation, they receive recognition for their expertise in the field and obtain the credibility and prestige they deserve.
The St. Louis currently has 20 Certified Facility Managers (CFM) and 8 Facility Management Professionals (FMP). Study groups are available to prepare for CFM exams. For more information on becoming a CFM, contact contact Joe Volstromer, CFM, Education Credential Chair at Joe.Volstromer@gmail.com.
- Maintain Your Professional Growth through the Facility Management Professional Program -
IFMA’s FMP designation is a knowledge-based credential demonstrating a proven comprehension of the basics of facility management. A springboard for obtaining certification, the Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation can be completed in approximately 12 months, and FMP candidates may customize their training to build the specific knowledge they need to meet individual goals.
We recommend that those planning to participate in the FMP program meet one of the following criteria:
- Facility management practitioners with less than five years of experience
- Transitioning professionals with significant experience in former related careers
- Partner practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers
- Associated corporate providers of FM products and services
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs
The Sustainability Facility Professional credential will help you operate your facility sustainably and positively impact your triple bottom line.
IFMA’s SFP® is an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability. By earning your SFP credential, you will develop and gain recognition for your expertise in sustainable FM practices while affecting your organization’s economic, environmental, and social bottom lines.
IFMA’s Sustainability Facility Professional (SFP) is designed for all FM and like-minded professionals with an interest in sustainable practices.
SFP candidates will need a foundational knowledge of facility management to successfully complete the program. The SFP credential is ideal for:
- Facility management practitioners with a baseline of FM industry knowledge.
- FM professionals with proven experience transitioning into sustainability related positions.
- Related industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- LEED-certified professionals seeking complementary knowledge and GBCI certification maintenance hours.
- CFMs and FMPs interested in expanding their depth of expertise in the area of sustainable facility management.